Putting chandelier crystals in the dishwasher could be an easy way to clean them. But, Can you put chandelier crystals in the dishwasher? NO, you can’t! YES, you can!
Hey, don’t get confused, it’s simple.
“If your chandelier crystals are compatible to dishwasher, then you can put them. If not then you can’t!!!”
Chandelier crystals add a unique touch to your luxurious household interior. But they catch dust with time. In the case of small-sized chandelier crystal pendants, you can clean them with a piece of cloth.
But it becomes tricky when you have installed a large-sized chandelier crystal pendant lamp in your living space.
- For that, cleaning crystals in the dishwasher can be an option for you.
With that said, let’s discuss your chandelier crystals dishwasher compatibility, and dishwashing chandelier crystals, in detail!
ARE YOUR CHANDELIER CRYSTALS DISHWASHER SAFE?
It depends, but most chandelier crystals in the market are not dishwasher safe. It means you have to look for cleaning options other than a dishwasher.
- Dishwasher might damage your chandelier crystals i.e. breakage may occurs.
- Detergents used might be destructive to crystals.
- Etching, and pitting may occur.
That is why, this way of cleaning chandelier crystals is not recommended.
CLEANING CHANDELIER CRYSTALS IN THE DISHWASHER
A dishwasher is for cleaning kitchenware items. It saves your time and makes it easy to clean every item in no time.
The same applies to cleaning the chandelier crystals in the dishwasher.
The process is simple:
- Take the chandelier crystals and set them carefully in the dishwasher rack.
- Make sure to use hot water.
It is because hot water will make sure that any detergent particle is not left behind.
Now what? Congrats! Your chandelier is looking new.
- Take it off from the rack and leave it to dry completely.
- Now, Install it back again and enjoy its beautiful lighting effect in your living space.
And you’re DONE!
- Make sure not to use detergent or other chemicals in excessive quantity.
- Also, don’t treat the chandelier like your kitchenware items. Showing carelessness will damage your chandelier crystals fixture, and it might not work again!
Moving further, let’s check out the chandelier crystals that are compatible with dishwasher cleaning.
CHANDELIER CRYSTALS THAT ARE DISHWASHER SAFE
Manufacturers don’t focus on making dishwasher-safe chandelier crystals. It is because people consider this feature in kitchenware products.
But now, people want to do everything with ease. That’s why they look for chandelier crystal pendant lights that are dishwasher safe.
If you want to purchase a chandelier crystal pendant light with dishwasher capability, you can consider the following options:
It is the best option if you are looking for a crystal chandelier compatible with the dishwasher. It is of 304 stainless steel and polish chrome that enhances its stability. This quality ensures that it resists any cleaning chemicals like soap or detergent.
- This crystal chandelier comes in different colours and shapes. But this shape and colour are what most people prefer.
- If you place it in your bathroom, you’ll never feel like cleaning it. Enjoy your bath time while splashing the water over this stylish chandelier crystal pendant. And don’t worry; it won’t get rust or corrosion!
People reviewed: We have this matrix-style crystal chandelier installed in our bathroom. And after several months, it doesn’t have any signs of corrosion.
Look at its stylish design and premium built-in quality. It will make you feel rich when you install it inside your household. You’ll never want to leave it dusty, do you? Thus, the manufacturers make it easy to clean by making it dishwasher safe.
- This beautiful chandelier crystal light is of metal and crystals. But it is the chrome finishing that makes it compatible with the dishwasher.
- It might consume a lot of time cleaning with a piece of cloth. Thus, putting it in the dishwasher will save your time.
Let’s wash it!
- You might think that its assembly will take a lot of time. But it is easy to assemble.
- Take it off, de-assemble it, and put it in the dishwasher.
- After washing, re-assemble it (it won’t take more than 30 minutes) and install it again!
It is another luxurious chandelier pendant lamp that is compatible with the dishwasher. It might look sensitive, but it comes with matte black finishing of copper. It ensures a sturdy built quality that would resist detergent particles.
- It has a covering of hand-blown glass that increases its quality.
- It uses three candelabra base light bulbs (40 watts each) for bright output.
- You can also wash them in the dishwasher. But always be careful while cleaning it!
So these were the chandelier crystal pendant lights you can consider while looking for dishwasher capability. Yes, there are just a few options available in the market that offer dishwasher compatibility. That’s why we recommend these three items that you can purchase in 2021.
If you have better options in mind, feel free to share those in the comments below. Now, let’s move on towards the second part of our topic.
- As mentioned earlier, we don’t recommend putting chandeliers in the dishwasher. It is because there are a few options available that are dishwasher safe.
But if you want dishwasher-safe chandelier pendant fixtures, you can go with any of the three options discussed above.
WHY NOT PUT CHANDELIER CRYSTALS IN THE DISWASHER?
We have solid reasons to prove why you should not put all chandelier crystals in the dishwasher. Of course, you can wash those with dishwasher capability. But most chandelier crystal pendant lamps are not dishwasher safe.
Imagine you bought an expensive chandelier crystal light for yourself. It will add a unique touch to your luxurious household interior. But if it’s not dishwasher safe, you’ll waste all your money in no time. So be careful!
Here are the solid reasons why you can’t put chandelier crystals in the dishwasher:
- Crystals are heat sensitive. And hot water of the dishwasher might crack them.
- Detergents may result in pitching and etching on crystals.
- Washing in the dishwasher increases the chances of damaging the crystals.
- The dishwasher will put scratches on your chandelier crystals.
Most of the chandelier crystals aren’t dishwasher safe. Thus, they’ll catch almost all of these damages when you put them in the dishwasher.
CHANDELIER CRYSTALS THAT ARE NOT DISHWASHER SAFE
We have a list of three MOST popular crystal chandeliers that people prefer the most. We assume you might own one of these. If you are thinking of putting them in the dishwasher, you’ll damage your beautiful light.
Let’s have a look at those items!
Most of you might have installed this luxurious crystal chandelier. It is because most of the households have modern interiors. This 15 Light Modern Chandelier Crystal is the best match for adding more details to your lifestyle.
- Its eye-catchy design is what catches everyone’s attention. But it will not remain the same if you wash it in the dishwasher.
- This chandelier is of crystal, metal, and glass. All these elements are prone to water damage and result in rusting and corrosion.
If you don’t trust what we say, you can test it out yourself. But make sure you don’t harm yourself once you damage it by putting it in the dishwasher!
- We’ll recommend using other cleaning methods for this item. (We’ll show you those methods later!)
Here is another beautiful Crystal Chandelier that generates a luminous output. It creates a lighting effect with 6000k colour temperature. We have this installed in our dining room and eliminates the need for regular bulbs in the area. Also, it doesn’t need bulbs, which makes it cost-effective.
- Many people prefer this lighting because of its several unique features; it enjoys tremendous customer love.
- In addition to it, this crystal chandelier has a working lifespan of over 30,000 hours. But it won’t last for that long if you put it in the dishwasher.
Most people think it would be easy to clean in a dishwasher because of its simple design. But they forget the fact that it is of crystals.
- And crystals can’t resist hot water and detergent. Thus, the dishwasher is not a good place to wash this sensitive item.
When it comes to decorating modern household interiors, no one can skip this item. This beautiful chandelier crystal fixture has been winning the hearts of everyone who loves lighting. It comes with easy installation that makes it everyone’s favourite.
- It has 11-Lights that create beautiful illumination in the space.
- The company claims it is rust and corrosion-free. But it doesn’t mean it is dishwasher safe.
- Because it’s made of crystals and metal. And by this time, you understand that crystal is not compatible with dishwasher unless it has a sturdy coating.
This chandelier has been enjoying great sales since 2020. And most of you might have this one or might be thinking of buying one for your house. But make sure you don’t put it in the dishwasher. Or you’ll damage its look and working too!
These were the in-demand chandelier crystals that people love to buy for decorating their living space. They repeatedly ask if they can put it in the dishwasher or not. Well, all of you might have got the answer to this question.
Wanna was your chandelier crystals?
If you want to wash the chandelier crystals in the dishwasher, select one from the items we discussed above. Those three items are compatible with the dishwasher and are easy to clean.
But what to do if you don’t want to purchase them? Or what if you have recently purchased a crystal chandelier that is not dishwasher safe?
Don’t worry then!
Because we are here with a chandelier crystals cleaning guide. It will help you clean your chandelier crystals pendant light/lamp without damaging it.
Let’s dive into it!
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO CLEAN CHANDELIER CRYSTALS IN DISHWASHER
It is for those people who own dishwasher-safe chandelier crystal pendant lights. Cleaning chandelier crystals in the dishwasher require the following easy steps:
- Open the dishwasher and take out its upper rack (not the lower rack, remember).
- Make sure there is nothing in that rack.
- Place the chandelier crystals gently on the rack.
- Put the detergent, soap, or other cleaning material in the dedicated slot.
- Put the rack back at its location. Close the cleaning slot and the dishwasher.
- Start the dishwasher and let it complete the cleaning process.
- Now, remove the chandelier crystals and dry them. That’s all!
You have to be extra careful while cleaning with the dishwasher. Yes, the chandelier will be dishwasher safe. But, don’t forget that it is of crystal and your carelessness might damage it.
EASIEST METHODS FOR CLEANING CHANDELIER CRYSTALS
Several options are available to clean your chandelier crystals easily. We have got a few options for all of you. Have a look at the easiest chandelier cleaning method!
- Soft clothes are your chandelier crystals’ best friends. Using them will never damage any part of your chandelier crystals. Don’t use towels or dusting clothes as they will leave scratches on the crystals.
- Put a soft piece of cloth under the chandelier fixture. It will ensure you don’t damage or lose any crystal that might drop down while cleaning.
- Prepare a cleaning solution for effective cleaning. We’ll recommend using the solution of isopropyl alcohol and distilled water.
- Spray it uniformly over the chandelier crystals.
- Take a dry cloth and dry it gently. It is to ensure that no wet spots are left behind.
It is the easiest way to clean chandelier crystals. This method ensures you don’t damage your pendant lamp while cleaning it.
OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR CLEANING CHANDELIER CRYSTALS
Most of you might not find the above option suitable. And several reasons are there that make it hard to execute. Your chandelier crystal pendant lamp might be very high from the floor. Or you might be afraid to climb a ladder and clean the chandelier crystals while staying on the ladder.
Here is a flexible method that everyone can use. You have to remove the chandelier crystals for cleaning them. If you have an easy-to-assemble chandelier, this method will seem easy to you.
Anyways, here is what you have to do:
- Slowly de-assemble the chandelier crystals because you have to re-assemble them the way they are.
- Take pictures and create notes if you think you can’t remember the actual formation of the crystals. Pictures are a fast solution to it than creating notes.
- Clean the chandelier crystals with the cleaning solution (isopropyl alcohol and distilled water). But make sure to clean them gently.
- Dry it with a dry piece of cloth.
- Assemble all the parts and hang the chandelier as it was before.
This method is an easy method of cleaning chandelier crystals. The only tricky part is removing the chandelier crystals and re-assembling them. In addition to it, it increases the risk of losing or damaging the crystals.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU CLEAN THE CHANDELER CRYSTALS?
After reader the content this far, you must have understood how to clean the chandelier crystals. But how many of you thought about the cleaning frequency?
- Most of you might say that we can wash it daily.
- A few may say that our house doesn’t catch much dust. So, we can clean our chandelier crystals after one year or more.
When to clean?
- Every one of you is thinking correctly. As a general rule, you must clean your chandelier crystal pendant once a year.
- But it doesn’t mean you can’t clean it more than one time a year. Of course, if your house catches dust, you have to clean it more often.
For example, a crystal chandelier lamp for the kitchen is prone to become greasy. Thus, you have to clean it more often or, it will not give its 100% illumination in the area. The same applies to other spaces where the chandelier crystals can catch dust easily.
DOES CLEANING CHANDELER CRYSTALS MORE OFTEN DAMAGES THEM?
If you put the chandelier crystals in the dishwasher, we recommend washing them once a year.
- It doesn’t matter how sturdy and dishwasher safe they are.
- Washing them again and again in the dishwasher might damage them in the long run.
The way through which you can clean the chandelier crystals more than one time a year is by washing it with your soft hands.
- This method is smooth and decreases the risk of damaging your product.
- Also, it will keep your chandelier pendant look new throughout the year.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How do you clean an old crystal chandelier?
The ideal way to clean an old crystal chandelier is a budget-friendly DIY isopropyl solution. To make this cleaning solution, follow the steps:
- Mix one part of isopropyl alcohol in a 4 parts distilled water.
- Pour the solution in a plastic spray bottle.
- Free the chandelier crystal from dirt via dusting.
- Now, spray a small amount of solution on a cleaning cloth.
- Gently clean the crystals and the chandelier with the help of damp cloth.
- After cleaning, immediately dry the chandelier with a new cloth. You’re done.
Q. How do you clean chandelier crystals in the dishwasher?
You can easily clean the chandelier crystals by dishwashing them.
Do this by following these steps:
- Hang the chandelier crystals in the dishwasher from the top rack.
- Set the dishwasher on a low- quick wash. Use hot water.
- Your crystals are clean now.
- Take them out, dry them, and hang the crystals back on the chandelier. And you’re done!
How do you make a crystal chandelier sparkle?
Make your crystal chandelier sparkle via this DIY solution.
- Mix three parts distilled water with one part rubbing alcohol.
- Pour the solution in a spray bottle. Before spraying, take the precautions.
- Cover the floor or table underneath chandelier via sheet, plastic or towel.
- Don’t forget to cover chandelier light bulbs and sockets also.
- Spray the solution, and dry the chandelier immediately. BOOM! Your crystal chandelier is sparkling now.
How do you clean crystals at home?
You can clean crystals at home via various DIY’s.
- The easiest one is the salt solution.
- Mix salt and water in a bowl.
- Leave the crystals in the salt solution bowl for few hours to 24 hours.
- Rinse carefully, and let them dry. Your crystals are clean now.
Thanks for making it this far till the end of the content. We showed you the chandelier crystals that you can put in the dishwasher. Also, we covered other cleaning methods that are safe for cleaning sensitive chandelier crystal pendants.
Which chandelier light do you have in your living space? What cleaning method do you use for washing it? Do let me know your answers in the comments section.
That’s all we got for you today. If you want to wash chandelier crystals in the dishwasher, make sure you purchase dishwasher-safe chandelier crystals from the market. If you already have them, be careful while you are clean them.
Let me comment down below if you have any questions. We’ll see you some other day. Till then, Be Sound!